A Truly Irish Breakfast
Truly tip: This dish goes great with a good cup of Irish tea.
- Turn on Grill to preheat. Chop the tomato in half and place the two halves open side up on the grill tray. Place 4 of the rashers onto the grill tray too.
- Chop the 4 slices off each pudding about 1cm thick.
- Chop all of the mushrooms in half.
- Melt a knob of the butter in a frying pan.
- Melt another knob of butter in a saucepan.
- Place the grill try under the grill and cook the rashers until crisp and the tomatoes until browned – turning each occasionally.
- Add the mushroom to the saucepan and cook until soft.
- Fry 4 of the sausages and the chopped puddings in the frying pan. Ensure they are cooked fully through before serving – turning occasionally.
- Towards the end of the sausages cooking fry the 2 eggs.
- Put 2 slices of bread on to toast just before serving, butter toast when it pops.
- Serve on each plate 2 rashers, 2 sausages, ½ a tomato, ½ of the mushrooms and 2 pieces of each pudding.