Bangers and Mustard Mash
Truly tip: if you’re not a fan of mustard add some spring onion and a dash of cream to make a creamy cali mash.
- Preheat Oven to 180 °C / Gas Mark 4-5
- Clean & peel potatoes.
- Clean and slice red onion thinly.
- Put potatoes on to boil.
- Add some oil and brown sugar to a saucepan – allow it to get hot and add in the onions. Caramelise the onions – they should be softened but not burnt.
- Grill sausages 8 – 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Drain potatoes and mash with Truly Irish creamery butter.
- Add wholegrain mustard, stir in until combined and a smooth texture is created.
- To serve place mash potato in the centre of a plate and place 2 tbsp of onions on top.
- Finally top with sausages and garnish with some parsley.
- Season lightly, and enjoy!