At Truly Irish we are fully committed to implementing sustainable measures in all of our practices. We are committed to providing the consumer with healthy and tasty food that they can trust.
- We will only use locally sourced materials as this supports Irish Jobs.
- All production also takes place in Ireland.
- We ensure all of our packaging is 100% recyclable.
- All of our pigmeat is 100% Irish and traceable back to our shareholders farms.
- The oats we use are 100% Irish.
- Our milk comes from grass fed Irish cows.
Origin Green is one of the first ever national sustainability programmes. It enables Ireland’s farmers and producers to set and achieve measurable sustainability targets – reducing environmental impact, serving local communities more effectively and protecting the extraordinarily rich natural resources that our country enjoys.
Truly Irish became fully verified Origin Green members in April 2016. Our aim is to better the health status of the nation. To do this we will improve the nutritional value of our products and play a significant role in educating the public. We are committed to supporting Irish producers and maintaining 100% tractability on all of our foods.
The main targets within our plan are;
- To maintain 100% pigmeat DNA tractability back to Irish farms.
- To maintain 100% Irish status of oats and dairy sourced from Irish farms.
- To circulate an educational CD about Truly Irish practices in pig farming and food production to all schools within 3 years in conjunction with Agri-aware
- To improve the nutritional value of our products in a bid to tackle obesity and promote sustainable healthy living