Oh My Bacon!
Crispy Roast Bacon with Parsnip and Apple Mash, Honey Roasted Carrots and Kale
Truly tip: To stop the bacon drying out, place a bowl (oven proof) of water in the bottom of the oven.
- Preheat Oven to 180 °C / Gas Mark 4-5
- Clean & Peel Potatoes
- Clean, Peel and Chop Parsnips and Carrots.
- Clean, Peel and Chop Apple.
- Wash and Chop Kale.
- Remove bacon from packaging and place on roasting tray. Roast for 1 hour until thoroughly cooked
- Toss the carrots in honey and add to roasting tray with bacon.
- Put potatoes on to boil. Boil until soft enough to mash.
- Boil parsnips with apple in very little water (1-2cm high from base of saucepan).
- 10 minutes prior to the bacon being cooked, remove from oven and gently roll in Truly Irish Granola. Place back in the over to finish roasting.
- Strain boiled potatoes and strain boiled parsnip and apple.
- Blanch the Kale.
- Mash together the potatoes, parsnip and apple with Truly Irish creamery butter.
- Serve the bacon sliced accompanied by one scoop of mash, one scoop of kale and a helping of carrots. Lightly season.
- Serve hot & enjoy!