Truly Irish Pudding Pockets
Truly tip: Try adding Chorizo slices on top of the puddings before adding the batter for a delicious treat.
- Preheat Oven to 230 °C /210°C Fan Gas Mark 8
- Preheat Grill
- Chop both puddings entirely
- Using 50ml of the oil, grease up 1 or 2 Muffin trays (depending on how many pudding slices you have cut) and place in the oven to heat.
- Place the pudding slices on a grill tray and grill fro approx 10 minutes until fully cooked, turning occasionally.
- To make the batter put 140g plain flour into a bowl and beat in the eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and continue to beat the mixture until it is free from lumps.
- Pour the batter into a jug and then remove the hot tins from the oven.
- Place a slice of pudding in each hole.
- Gently and evenly pour the batter over the pudding and into the holes.
- Place the tin back in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until the pockets have puffed up and browned. Ensure the oven door stays closed.
- To make the pesto, add the pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic and basil to a food processor.
- Blitz the ingredients and while the motor is running slowly add the remaining 150ml of oil until emulsified.
- Plate up the puddings and garnish with a halved tomato and a dish of pesto.